Friday, March 21, 2014

Wardrobe HELP!

What has happened to my style? The past two years I worked as a personal trainer and I mostly wore workout pants and tops everyday. Then when I got home, I would just stay in them because they're pretty comfortable. Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I still feel like I'm trying to figure out how to wear regular clothes again. It's been an ongoing process of putting outfits together again. Some days I feel like I try on half my closet and I still feel like my outfit is ugly. That is the worst.

A couple weeks ago I met Tyrone at church because he had to be there early for a meeting. I only have a couple of skirts that fit and I feel like I wear the same ones every week. So, I decided to wear a dress. I love dresses and I have a bunch but because I'm still breast feeding it makes it really hard. I saw a dress that buttoned down the front and decided to wear it. It was a grey summer dress. It had big pockets on the side and then 4 other random pockets on the front. It was decorated with bright pink and white flowers all over it and the bottom was bunchy, I don't even know if that's the right word. It was a very casual dress that I wouldn't normally wear to church but I just needed to wear something different. I knew that I couldn't wear it with high heels so I paired it with black leather flat boots.

That afternoon when I got home from church I asked Tyrone what he thought about my dress and he said, "do you really want to know?" I thought, no I'm pretty sure I already know. Then, two seconds later I changed my mind and decided I wanted to know. He said, "throw that thing away." I started busting up laughing. Needless to say, I sold it on ebay last week for $7. I'm never wearing it again.

My wardrobe has been so bad lately that even Tyrone volunteered to go shopping with me. If any of you know him, you will know what a big deal that is. He won't even go to the grocery store. He hates shopping for anything. I mentioned that we are going to Vegas on a vacation soon and that he should take me shopping there. His response was "I know what kind of stores are in Vegas. We aren't going there." After laughing I asked, where did you want to take me? He thought Ross was a good idea. We're probably going to have to come somewhere in the middle. Don't get me wrong, I like Ross, but I need serious wardrobe help.

2 comments:

  1. Don't let him take you to Ross...he is better than that. No offense to anything anyone has ever bought at Ross.

    ReplyDelete