Saturday, March 22, 2014

Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs and Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad

I have the hardest time cooking on the weekends. The weekends are a time to relax and recover. Sometimes I feel like I eat junk food all weekend because I'm too lazy to make something. This weekend I decided to plan ahead so that this didn't happen. I wanted something easy but delicious. I would agree that this met both of those criteria. I will definitely be making this again.

I cut up the peppers onion and chicken in the morning and placed them in the marinade. Then, when we got hungry inn the evening we put it on skewers, threw it on the grill and while it was cooking, I made the salad. Pretty simple. 

Marinated Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs
Recipe credit to Dashing Diet


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 ts red pepper flakes
2 lb chicken
bell peppers
onions

Directions:
Cut up peppers and onions into squares. I used green peppers because it was all I had, but you can make it as colorful as you want. Cut up chicken into squares. Place all other ingredients into a zip lock bag and mix around. Then, place chicken, onions and peppers into the marinade.

Let the chicken, onions and peppers marinate for at least 2 hours. Then, place the chicken, onions and peppers onto skewers and grill on medium high heat until done, about 8 minutes. Flip over half way to evenly cook all the way through.    


I paired this with a healthy Balsamic Vinaigrette salad.


Ingredients:
1 head of lettuce (I used green leaf lettuce. I also like it with red leaf lettuce or half green, half red)
1 apple
feta cheese
sliced almonds or pecans
balsamic vinaigrette dressing 

Directions:
wash and cut lettuce. Place into bowl. Cut up apple into small pieces discarding the core and seeds. Sprinkle feta cheese and sliced almonds or pecans over salad. Add dressing a little at a time and mix until combined.





No comments:

Post a Comment