Thursday, February 20, 2014

Banana Cream Dessert Shooters

I was trying to figure out a fun simple dessert to make for Valentine's day. I was thinking about doing a cake or a pie but there is no way that my husband and I could eat it by ourselves. So, I was looking on Pinterest, where everyone goes to get ideas, right? I came across a chocolate dessert shooter, but I didn't have any of the ingredients. As I was looking in my cupboard I found that I had a banana cream pudding box and I went from there to create my own simple dessert shooter.

Makes 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 box banana cream pudding and pie filling
milk- for pudding mix
vanilla wafers
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or defrosted cool whip

You will want to make this dessert in some sort of see through cup. I didn't have any small glass cups so I went to Smart and Final and I bought a bag of plastic wine glasses. I think they made the dessert look really fancy. 

Directions:
Follow the instructions on the box to make the pudding. Let it set.


Take a a handful of vanilla wafers and place them in a plastic zip lock bag. I like to double up the bag in case the first one tears.

Get all of the air out of the bags and then use a rolling pin to create vanilla wafer crumbs. If you are using heavy whipping cream, pour about 1/2 cup into a large bowl. Beat on high until the whipping cream becomes stiff.



Then, you are ready to layer. First, place pudding into the cup, then vanilla wafer crumbs, then whipping cream, then vanilla wafer crumbs, pudding, and whipping cream. After the first time it becomes simple. To top it off place a vanilla wafer on top.Easy enough right? It was the perfect single serve dessert to top off our Valentine's day.

The day after Valentine's day my little family drove to the sand dunes to meet up with my parents. Since this dessert made 8, I took the other 6 with me to give to my parents and friends that were going to be there. They loved them.

We also had a blast enjoying the sand dunes! Jackson has now officially been introduced. He loved the sound of the cars starting their engines. He's got a pretty cool grandpa.

What better place to finish off Valentine's weekend than the place where Tyrone first told me he loved me? It only seems fitting.


My Valentine's




If you are wondering, yes. I am wearing a Harry Potter shirt. I am not ashamed.





No comments:

Post a Comment