Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Flank Steak Marinade

Tyrone and I got a grill for Christmas and we love it. One of our favorite grilling recipes is flank steak. This was a meal that my mom cooked a lot for us growing up. It is one of  my favorites. I called her in college to get the recipe and once I found out how easy it was, I loved it even more. I know most of the people out there are freezing this winter with the cold temperatures but it's been pretty warm here in Southern California. I feel like it's summer time. For those of you who can access your grills without having to tread across ice and snow... this is a great recipe. For those of you who are freezing, you can save it until summer time. I probably made this almost once a week in the summer time.



Ingredients: 
1 flank steak- sometimes certain grocery stores don't have it out. If you don't see it ask the butcher and they can usually get you one.
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon (I usually just squeeze one lemon into the marinade with a fork)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
salt to taste
Directions: 
put all of the ingredients into either a pyrex dish or a ziplock bag. Let marinate for at least 2 hours. I usually do it the night before. Then, heat up the grill to about 400 degrees. Grill each side of the meat for about 5 minutes on high heat and it's done. We like our meat a little bit red in the middle. If you want it cooked more on the well side, cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side. After you pull the meat off the grill, cut into thin strips cutting against the grain of the meat. 

This is great for big barbeques because it feeds a lot of people. I usually make baked potatoes and a salad to go with it. It turns out being a delicious meal with little preparation.



No comments:

Post a Comment