Thursday, October 24, 2013

Teriyaki Salmon

My husband isn't a  huge fan of how full I can get our freezer. It's always pretty stuffed. So, I decided to start using up a lot of the stuff that I have in there. I don't think it's the amount of stuff in there but there are so many odd shaped things that it doesn't fit together very well and things are always falling.

I had frozen rice and frozen salmon in the freezer that I decided to incorporate into a meal last night. It turned out delicious and was so easy! Easy meals are a must now with this little guy demanding all of my attention. I'm not complaining though. This little one is so much fun!

I got the recipe from Damn Delicious

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons honey 
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 salmon filets
  • Cooked rice, for serving
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Sliced green onions, for garnish 

Directions:

  • In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.
  • Stir in the cornstarch until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
  • In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine the teriyaki marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. (Instead of using salmon filets I used a longer, thinner piece of salmon so I put it in a 9x13 baking dish, poured the teriyaki sauce on top, covered with saran wrap and let it marinade in there about an hour before baking. It turned out great!)
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
  • Place the salmon filets along with the marinade onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
  • Serve the salmon immediately with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment