Friday, November 22, 2013

Goodbye Huntington Beach

We are moving!! It still feels unreal but we signed the lease today. I guess it's official. In just a few weeks we will no longer be Huntington Beach residents. We are so excited for the adventures that lie ahead but we are sad for the friends that we will be leaving behind.We are only going to be a few hours away though so it's not the end of the world.
Jacks loves the sun. He's going to be natural beach bum I already know it.

In June Tyrone got a promotion that we were so excited about since I was already five months pregnant. It was definitely a blessing. He has worked really hard and he deserved it. Then, in September he got offered another promotion to be a district manager down in San Diego. It took us both by surprise but we decided to take it. Tyrone started November 1st and he has been commuting every day. I don't know how he does it. It usually takes him about 3 hours to get home after he's done with work. I can't even imagine. But, it's working and we only have about another week left of it and then we can move down there.
I love that we can go to the beach in November here in So Cal


I am so excited about our new place. For those of you who don't know we live in a one bedroom one bath apartment. It's about 550 square feet. Boy is it cozy! We've lived here for just over three years now. The landlord here is amazing and we live just a short three blocks to the beach. You get what you pay for right? We are pretty squished in this little place but we managed to make room for a new baby in here so I can't complain too much. Instead of a baby's room we have a baby's wall.
Tyrone painted our little guy a surf board. It was just a foam board but after he finished painting it, he decided we should get it glassed and get some fins put on it so we could ride it. It turned out awesome! Let's just say other than this picture the board doesn't really hang on the wall like it was meant to. It goes out into the water a lot. Tyrone is just breaking it in until Jacks can ride it.

We took Jacks to the beach when he was just 5 days old

In our new place we have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Wahoo!! We also have a dishwasher and a washer and dryer in the unit. I had never lived without a dishwasher until I got married. Dishes are by far my least favorite chore. I will do laundry all day, but dishes are just messy and stinky and they are never done! I'm excited about the washer and dryer too. We live in an upstairs apartment right now and I don't really enjoy carrying my laundry up and down the stairs to do it. I also dislike having to go and get quarters. It seems like every time I go to do the laundry I'm out of quarters. Especially now that I have a little guy I feel like I am doing laundry all the time.

Our new place is now 8 blocks from the beach. It is going to be rough to get used to but I'm sure we can manage. I'm glad that his new position is still here in Southern California so that we can continue to live the beach bum life. It is going to be hard to move away from here someday. Maybe we never will, who knows.

As far as my job goes, I went into work today and told them that I won't be coming back because we are moving. I am looking to transfer down to the San Diego area though so that I can teach fitness classes down there. We will see what happens. It would be nice to at least teach once a week to get out of the house and to keep me in shape. I am just 6 pounds over my pre-baby weight. Not too bad eh? What I weighed right before I had the baby was my weight in college. Pretty crazy. It feels good to be active again.

If anyone knows of fun things to do or places to check out in San Diego, let me know. I am excited for this new adventure and I am looking forward to exploring a new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment