Thursday, November 14, 2013

Butterbeer


Last year right before Halloween I got the opportunity to go to Florida with my parents for a week. My dad has been a vendor at the World paintball tournament in Orlando for close to 15 years and my mom and I have never gone. My dad was trying to convince my mom to go and she wasn't interested. So, my dad called me and asked if I wanted to go hoping that if I would go then my mom would go too. Of course I wanted to go! And, needless to say, my mom came too.




My mom and I had so much fun. We went to a different theme park almost every day. My mom wanted to ride every ride in each park we went to. She is a thrill seeker!


Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Disney's Epcot



Disney's Hollywood Studios



Universal Studios


We went to Disney's Epcot theme park, Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, and Universal's Islands of Adventure where we saw the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! I was in heaven! I absolutely love Harry Potter. I totally had a crush on him growing up. One thing I knew I wanted to get while we were there was butterbeer. They had stands all over but the lines were extremely long. Finally I just had to jump in line and wait. Totally worth it. It was so yummy and delicious. The best way to describe it is like a butterscotch root beer float. My mom enjoyed it too. I got the souvenir cup so that I could try to recreate it when I got home.

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure


I really wanted to make Butterbeer this year before Halloween but, as life goes, time got away from me and I never got a chance to make it until after. The main reason why I didn't make it was because I could not find butterscotch flavored syrup. I thought for sure Smart and Final would have it but they didn't. They had probably close to a hundred different flavors, but no butterscotch. Finally, I decided to just order it online. I ordered it at 3pm and it was on my doorstep at 2pm the next day. I ordered through the Torani website. I was very impressed. I got the recipe from Iheartnaptime

The recipe from iheartnaptime makes about three to four 8oz glasses. My blender is too small for the recipe she gives so I had to modify it a little.

Ingredients:
0.75 quart vanilla ice cream
Just less than 1/4 cup butterscotch syrup
 24 oz (3 cups) cream soda 
1/2 cup ice

Directions: Put ice cream, butterscotch, cream soda and ice into blender. Mix until combined. Top with whipped cream if desired.

1 comment: