Tuesday, July 2, 2013

4th of July American flag cake

Our friends invited us over for dinner last night and they asked if I would bring a dessert. Since the 4th is right around the corner I thought I would try to make something patriotic. So, of course I turned to pinterest to get some ideas of what to make. I came across this American flag cake and thought it would be really cute. I opened the link assuming it would be way too much for me to do but it's actually not too bad. When we got to our friends house they asked me what I had made for dessert and I told them "white cake." You never really know if the inside turned out the way you wanted it to until you cut into it. It was a surprise for all! I was very happy with it. The cake was from a box but it was so delicious and moist. And the frosting was so yummy. The link came from Glorious treats

I got the frosting recipe from  Glorious treats I used 2 tablespoons of milk in the frosting but it was probably just a bit too runny. I had to add more powdered sugar and cream cheese to thicken it up. I think one tablespoon of milk would be better for next time.

Here is the first slice of the cake. Hurray! It looks like an American Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment