Monday, July 22, 2013

Grilled mushrooms




By the way, aren't these BBQ skewers awesome! We got them as a wedding gift and we love them. Don't mind the zebra platter I used.



I bought a bunch of mushrooms at the store because they were on sale but I didn't really know what I was going to use them for. I decided that since my husband had already agreed to grill for dinner, I would make some marinated mushrooms to throw on the grill. I'm not a huge mushroom fan, but I'm liking them more and more. These mushrooms were really yummy. They were also really simple. When I was looking for recipes I was trying to find one that I had all the ingredients for so that I didn't have to run to the grocery store. This recipe is one of those great finds. The recipe is from Natasha's Kitchen

Ingredients:
16oz mushrooms. (I used white. Crimini, portabello, or button would work too)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (I used slightly less than 1/4 cup and the lemon was still too strong so I had to add a little bit more balsamic vinegar to even it out)
small handful of parsley  (optional)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1-2 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Directions: Wash mushrooms and slice in half through the stem. place all ingredients in either a bowl with a lid or a zip lock bag. I used a bowl and then I shook up the mushrooms in the marinade. It would be the same if you used a zip lock bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. I marinated them for about 4 hours and they had a lot of flavor.

I used metal skewers but if you choose to use wooden ones, just make sure to soak them in water for about 10 minutes first so they don't catch on fire.

Heat grill to 400 degrees. Place mushrooms on skewers. Cook the mushrooms on each side for about 5 minutes.

That's all there is to it. After the mushrooms went on the grill, I ran upstairs to try and get the salad and everything else prepared but the mushrooms were done before I could finish. They are really quick and most importantly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment