Saturday, June 16, 2012

Edamame

 
I had no idea what edamame was until about a year ago. Tyrone and I went to a sushi restaurant called Ra. I don't particularly like sushi but I figured for his birthday I would suck it up. I do like tempura but I just don't like the raw fish stuff.  But, one amazing thing came out of this dinner. Their edamame! It was delicious. Tyrone wanted to order it and I was somewhat opposed to it. But he ordered it and I pretty much ate the whole thing myself. It was amazing. 
Then, last weekend  Tyrone and I went out to sushi again with some friends and they ordered edamame. I have been craving it ever since. So, on Monday, I went to the store and bought some. It was so easy to make and so delicious. Edamame has enough flavor by itself that I tried one right out of the strainer in the kitchen sink and then I kept eating them. I had to stop myself. I was going to eat them all without even seasoning them. Any way, onto the recipe. It is so simple. 

Ingredients: 
1 16oz package frozen edamame
sea salt
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil

Directions: 
Boil edamame according to package. Then drain and set aside. Heat oil in large skillet. Smash 3 cloves of garlic and take off the outer layer but make sure to leave them in one piece. Place them in the pan along with the edamame. Cook until the edamame starts to brown. Then sprinkle with sea salt and serve. Estimated eating time is about 5 minutes. They are gone in a flash!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment