Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cream Cheese Won Tons

 
I made homemade won tons and sweet 'n sour sauce. When I asked my husband if he liked cream cheese won tons he said no. But then, after I made them he ate 5 in one sitting. So, either he was starving, or he actually liked them. I thinks it's the latter one. These were so yummy, and surprisingly easy to make. I have lots of won ton wrappers left over though. I'm going to have to come up with something else to put in them. I used the left over sweet n sour sauce on chicken and I served it over fried rice. It was yummy and easy. I got the recipe from Frieda Loves Bread

Cream cheese wontons:

Ingredients: 
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 green onion, finely minced
1/4 tsp. sugar
won ton wrappers
oil for frying

 Directions: 
Mix cream cheese, minced onion and sugar well. Take a wonton wrapper and lay it in front of you.  Put about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the wonton sheet. Take a little water and coat the edges of the sheet with your finger. Fold as desired, sealing all the edges securely. Repeat till cheese is gone.
Heat your frying oil in a wok or large skillet to 350°F. Drop your wontons slowly into the hot oil, till golden brown.
Carefully remove the golden wontons and place on a paper towel.

Serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce


Sweet and sour sauce: 
 Ingredients: 
1/2 c. brown sugar
4 t. cornstarch
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
2 T. corn syrup
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced


Directions:
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.  Stir in chicken broth, vinegar, corn syrup, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.  Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Serve warm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment