Sunday, March 4, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Homemade vanilla ice cream was a hit. I bought all the ingredients and toppings and threw a homemade ice cream party. Needless to say, everyone enjoyed making their homemade ice cream. For a while I thought our neighbors were going to complain from the noise of 10 people shaking bags full of ice at the same time.

Ingredients: 
1 cup half and half
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions: 
Place all ingredients in a small sandwich zip lock bag. Then place the small zip lock bag in a larger zip lock bag full of ice and rock salt. Zip up the larger bag and shake about 5-10 minutes until the ice cream inside the smaller bag freezes. When its frozen, run cold water over the smaller zip lock bag to make sure there is no salt in your ice cream. (I got a bite of salt in mine and its really gross.) Then pour the ice cream in a bowl and top with whatever you'd like. I bought  miniature candy bars, hot fudge, caramel and chocolate syrup. 

Next time I make this I am going to use mint extract instead of vanilla extract. I'll let you know how my homemade mint ice cream turns out.
Tyrone and Mark showing how yummy their ice cream is.

No comments:

Post a Comment