Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Honey Baked Ham

I made ham for the first time this week. It was an easy honey baked ham recipe, and it turned out pretty good. I totally forgot to take a picture of it though. After all that hard work I have no documentation of it. But, I have leftovers so if anyone wants some, come on over.


I got the recipe from Food Network

6 pounds Bone-in-ham
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place ham on a rack in a foil lined roasting pan. ( I would recommend putting 2 layers of foil in pan.) Bake the rounded side up for one hour.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix all ingredients together. Stir until it forms a nice thick glaze.
Rub on half of the glaze and bake for 30 minutes more. Flip the ham over and rub on remaining glaze and bake for 1 hour more. Remove from oven and allow the ham to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment