Sunday, April 20, 2014

The BEST Stuffed Bell Peppers yet!

I have been wanting to make stuffed bell peppers recently but I was having a hard time finding the right recipe. I finally found one I liked but I still modified it a bit. I've made it twice already. It is pretty easy to make and it is so delicious. It surprisingly makes great leftovers as well.  Hope you guys like it. I got the original recipe from I Heart Nap Time.



Ingredients:

4 bell peppers halved length wise, ribs removed
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 pound grown turkey or ground beef
1 small onion
1 large tomato or 2 small tomatoes
1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
1/2 TB cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 TB olive oil
1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese or Italian blend cheese


And by the way, as I've stated before I really dislike tomatoes. But the tomatoes tasted really good in these. The seasoning made them blend right in and I didn't pick a single one out. Wahoo! I'm growing up.


Instructions
  1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent ( about 3 minutes). Add in meat and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease.
  2. Add in black beans, tomatoes, rice, cumin, salt and pepper if desired. Stir until it's heated through. Try not to eat it by the spoonful. It is so delicious!
  3. Heat oven to 375. Place peppers in 13 x 9 baking dish. Spoon in filling and top with grated cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. I put the peppers on a cookie sheet and make a tent with the foil. Either way works.
  4. Remove from oven and enjoy! You can serve it with sour cream or salsa if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment