Monday, September 9, 2013

Whole Chicken in Crockpt

This is one of my favorite Sunday recipes. Anything in the crockpot is easy but this one takes about 3 minutes to prepare. There is nothing to chop, unless you want to add vegetables to it.

Ingredients:
1 small whole chicken- (make sure it fits in the crockpot and you can still put the lid on)
Lawry's seasoned salt
pepper
1 cup water

place three small tin foil balls in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour 1 cup water into the crockpot. Season the chicken with Lawry's seasoned salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of tin foil balls. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I can promise you that this chicken will be close to the most tender chicken you've ever had in your life, if not the most tender. It just falls apart. It makes a great dinner and great leftovers. Sometimes I'll shred the chicken and freeze it or use it for enchiladas the next day. It's also nice to save the water at the bottom of the crockpot. It makes for a great chicken broth. I would just strain out any chicken pieces that are left in it.

I added corn and a side salad to it to make a complete meal. We had a great meal that only took probably 10 minutes total. These kinds of dinners are my favorite! If you decide to try it let me know how your chicken turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment