Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flag baby blanket

I really wanted to make a baby blanket after I got my sewing machine. I thought I would start with a baby one though because it would take less time and be easier to work with. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I even bought more fabric to make another one with animal print flags. I would recommend pre-washing and drying the fabrics though. I forgot to and so I can't dry mine because the fabrics will all shrink differently.

Here is the blanket.



What you will need:
2 yards white quilters fabric (or a white sheet)
 1 yard of fleece
fabric for the triangles
thread

I got the tutorial from aprettycoollife. She also has a link on how to make the bunting  flags and the bias tape, or you can buy it already cut at Joann's. 

The only thing is the tutorial doesn't show you how to bind the quilt with bias tape. I was completely clueless so I followed this really awesome tutorial that had 3 really short videos to go along with it. I  mean like 30 second videos that are a dream come true for a beginner like me but I can't remember the website and I can't find it anywhere. So, I guess you could find another Youtube video or something. I'll try to find it because I want to use it next time I make a quilt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment