Sunday, January 15, 2012

Southwest crock pot chicken

 
I love quick and easy dinners for those busy days. This recipe only has 5 ingredients and most of it I already had in my cupboard. I got this recipe from Larson Lingo

1 bag frozen chicken breasts ( I only used 4 breasts)
8oz block of cream cheese (do not use fat free)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of Rotel
Directions: 
Put chicken in crock pot. Add the cream cheese, black beans, corn and Rotel. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked mine on high for two hours and low for 6 hours. The mixture didn't come out runny when I cooked it on high first. Then, I shredded the chicken in the crock pot and put the mixture on tortillas with lettuce and rice. It was a really quick, easy meal and the leftovers were even better the next day.

1 comment:

  1. I recognize that lettuce! haha! :) This was delicious! We're so glad we're friends with such a good cook! ;)

    ReplyDelete