Tuesday, August 26, 2014

5 Minute Salsa

I have bought the ingredients for this salsa probably 5 times now and I always end up the using the ingredients for something else before I end up making it. This time, after I got home from the store I whipped it right up. It was quick and it tasted delicious. I found this recipe from Damn Delicious. You will need a blender.

I have just a small, cheap, two setting blender and when I dumped all the ingredients in there, it filled it to the very top. I was glad I could still get the lid on. If it doesn't all fit you can always blend it in batches and then return it all to the blender at the end and just pulse it for a second to mix it all together. One thing that scared me is that after I blended it, it looked more pink than red as you can see in the picture above. But, after about an hour in the fridge, it all soaked in and settled and it looked normal like the picture below.


 Ingredients:
2- 10oz cans diced tomatoes I used 5-6 medium tomatoes
 1 clove garlic
 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
 1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Tortilla chips, for serving

 Directions:
  • Combine diced tomatoes, garlic, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, to taste, in blender until smooth.
  • Serve with tortilla chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment