Monday, March 11, 2013

Homemade Alfredo sauce

I came home from work today with a headache and I was starving. So, I was trying to figure out what to eat and all the left overs in our fridge sounded gross so I decided to try homemade Alfredo sauce with penne pasta. It tasted so delicious. Totally hit the spot and it was really easy. It took me about 15 minutes to make this whole meal. I got this recipe from Fabulous food blog.

Ingredients: 
Pasta of your choice
1 stick of butter
1 clove minced garlic
1 pint of heavy cream (2 cups)
1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese (I totally forgot this ingredient so you could make it without)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper (I used black)

Directions: 
Cook pasta according to box. Combine all other ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil until the sauce thickens to the consistency you want. Make sure to stir often. Pour over cooked pasta and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment