Thursday, January 3, 2013

Potato Wedges

I have been making these potato wedges for the last two nights and they are delicious! I don't know why I haven't made them before. They are so simple. I have been trying to use up the rest of my potatoes because I bought way too many. I am finally on my last bag. I have to say this is probably one of the best ways I have prepared them thus far.

I got the recipe from Oh So Delicioso 

Ingredients: 

Fries: 
4-6 Potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea Salt, Fresh ground pepper, your favorite seasoning salt
Sour Cream/Ranch Sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ranch dressing 
1/4 cup milk
 
Toppings: 
1 cup (or as much as you like) Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/4 cup green onions
 
Instructions
Cut potatoes into "steak french fries" size. 
Place on foiled baking sheet. 
Drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss with tongs. 
Sprinkle salts and pepper over the potatoes. (I used garlic salt and pepper the second time and my husband loved it.)
 Bake 400 for 40 minutes or until fork tender
 
In a seperate bowl mix:
 sour cream, Ranch dressing and milk.
On a separate platter smooth out 3/4 of the sour cream sauce.
place hot potatoes on sour cream sauce. (I did this the first time I made then, but I didn't really like it. There was just too much sauce on the bottom fries. The second time, I just put them on a platter, melted the cheese and drizzled the ranch sauce on top. It was much better and I didn't feel like they were drowning.)
drizzle remaining sour cream sauce on potatoes
Sprinkle toppings. 
Place under broiler for a few seconds to re-melt cheese.

The fries taste really good without the cheese and ranch sauce on them as well. I had a few right out of the oven with nothing on it and I was impressed. They would be a great side to make for summer barbecues.

No comments:

Post a Comment