Sunday, April 8, 2012

Edible flower arrangement

We were having a work celebration for hitting budget this past Friday and I was trying to figure out somehing to bring for my boss and his wife. They just had a baby a few weeks ago and so I was thinking of a "congratulations on the baby, thank you for having me in your home" sort of gift. So I figured I would make this edible arrangement that my mom sent me a link to last week. I made a Christmas tree edible arrangement in December and this was so easy compared to that. I thought this one was a lot more fun to make too. When I gave it to my boss he didn't even know I made it. He thought I bought it. Then, one of my co-workers asked if I had made it and when I said yes. My boss looked at me shocked, "You did?" That sure made me feel good. Yes, as a matter of fact I did make that professional looking edible arrangement. :)

Here is the link to the tutorial Edible crafts

Ingredients:
pot holder- I got mine at Michael's
head of lettue
Flower shaped metal cookie cutter
Kale
pineapple
cantaloupe
strawberries
grapes
wooden skewers
gum drops or drops

Directions:
To start, cut the lettuce to fit the container. Then place kale over the lettuce to hide it.
Cut the pineapple into discs about 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Cut out the pineapple flowers from the discs.
Place the wooden skewer into the lettuce. Then place a gum drop on the skewer first to keep the pineapple from falling down. Then place the pineapple on, and lastly the cantaloupe. Make melon balls from a melon ball kitchen tool. Then use strawberries and grapes to decorate the rest of the bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment