Saturday, June 1, 2013

Baked Penne Pasta


I asked my husband what he wanted for dinner a few weeks ago and he said baked penne pasta. It took me a while to get to it but I finally made it for him. I found the recipe on Allrecipes. The thing I loved about this recipe is that it is perfect for two people. There was enough for the two of us to have it for dinner and then have just a few days of leftovers. I've made baked penne pasta before and it usually cooks in a 9x13 which is way too much for the two of us to eat by ourselves.
Ingredients: 
1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
1 (24oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 (10oz) tub PHILADELPHIA Italian cheese and herb cooking creme, divided
1 cup KRAFT shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
3 cups hot cooked penne pasta

Directions: 
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Brown meat with vegetables in large nonstick skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozzarella: cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Add pasta; mix lightly.
  3. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella. Cover.
  4. Bake 20 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.

 It's really simple. I made it ahead of time and put it in the fridge. Then, when my husband came home I just put it in the oven and it was done in 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment